- Linquist, B.A., K.G. Cassman, A.E. Fulton and L.F. Jackson. 1992. Late season nitrogen may be efficient way to increase winter wheat protein. California Agriculture 46:13-16.
- Cassman, K.G., P.W. Singleton and B.A. Linquist. 1993. Input/output analysis of the cumulative soybean response to phosphorus on an Ultisol. Field Crops Research 34:23-36.
- Linquist, B.A., P.W. Singleton, K.G. Cassman and K. Keane. 1996. Residual phosphorus and long-term management strategies for an Ultisol. Plant and Soil 184:47-55.
- Linquist, B.A., P.W. Singleton, R.S. Yost and K.G. Cassman. 1997. Aggregate size effects on the sorption and release of phosphorus in an Ultisol. Soil Science Society of America Journal 61:160-166.
- Linquist, B.A., P.W. Singleton and K.G. Cassman. 1997. Inorganic and organic phosphorus dynamics during a build-up and decline of available phosphorus in an Ultisol. Soil Science 162:254-264.
- Xinmin, W., J. Jackman, B.A. Linquist and R.S. Yost. 2000. Predicting phosphorus buffer coefficients using potential sorption site density and soil aggregation. Soil Science Society of America Journal 64:240-246.
- Eagle, A.J., J.A. Bird, W.R. Horwath, B.A. Linquist, S.M. Brouder, J.E. Hill and C. van Kessel. 2000. Rice yield and nitrogen utilization efficiency under alternative straw management practices. Agronomy Journal 92:1096-1103.
- Wang, X., R.S. Yost and B.A. Linquist. 2001. Soil aggregate size affects phosphorus desorption from highly weathered soils and plant growth. Soil Science Society of America Journal 65:139-146.
- Sengxua, P., V. Phengsouvanna, and Linquist B. 2002. On-farm residue effects on rainfed lowland rice productivity. The Lao Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 5:24-31.
- Sengxua, P. and B. Linquist. 2002. Nitrogen application in rainfed lowland rice in the Lao PDR. The Lao Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 3:32-41.
- Linquist, B.A. and P. Sengxua. 2003. Efficient and flexible management of nitrogen for rainfed lowland rice. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 67:107-115.
- Chanphengxai, M., T. Inthavong, S. Fukai, J. Basnayake and B. Linquist. 2003. The prediction of changing in minimum and maximum temperature and maps for agriculture and forestry use in the Lao PDR. The Lao Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 7:7-16.
- Pandey, S., K. Troesch, L. Douangsavang, K.Phouynyavong and B. Linquist. 2004. The role of paddy rice in the Lao uplands: Food security, farmer livelihoods, and economics. Juth Pakai: Perspectives on Lao development 2:16-26.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, G.N. Atlin, K. Phanthaboon, T. Shiraiwa and T. Horie. 2006. Response of traditional and improved upland rice cultivars to N and P fertilizer in northern Laos. Field Crops Research 96:216-223.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, B. Keobualapha, K. Phanthaboon, T. Shiraiwa, and T. Horie. 2006. Stylosanthes guianensis as a short-term fallow for improving upland rice productivity in northern Laos. Field Crops Research 96:438-447.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, B. Keobualapha and T. Horie. 2006. Farmers’ knowledge of soils in relation to cropping practices: A case study of farmers in upland rice based slash-and-burn systems of northern Laos. Geoderma 136:64-74.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, B. Keobualapha, K. Phanthaboon, T. Shiraiwa and T. Horie. 2006. Cropping intensity and rainfall effects on upland rice yields in northern Laos. Plant and Soil 284:175-185.
- Linquist, B.A., S. M. Brouder and J.E. Hill. 2006. Winter straw and water management effects on soil nitrogen dynamics in California rice systems. Agronomy Journal 98: 1050-1059.
- Linquist, B.A., K. Trösch, S. Pandey, K. Phouynyavong and D. Guenat. 2007. Montane paddy rice: its development and effects on food security and livelihood activities of highland Lao farmers. Mountain Research and Development 27:40-47.
- Linquist, B.A., V. Phengsouvanna and P. Sengxue. 2007. Benefits of organic residues and chemical fertilizer to productivity of rain-fed lowland rice and to soil nutrient balances. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 79:59-72.
- Sipaseuth, J. Basnayake, S. Fukai, T.C. Farrell, M. Senthonghae, Sengkeo, S. Phamixay, B. Linquist and M. Chanphengsay. 2007. Opportunities to increase dry season rice productivity in low temperature affected areas. Field Crops Research 102:87-97.
- Saito, K., G.N. Atlin, B. Linquist, K. Phanthaboon, T. Shiraiwa and T. Horie. 2007. Performance of traditional and improved upland rice cultivars under non-fertilized and fertilized conditions in northern Laos. Crop Science 47:2473-2481.
- Linquist, B. A., A. Fischer, L. Godfrey, C. Greer, J. Hill, K. Koffler, M. Moeching, R. Mutters and C. van Kessel. 2008. Minimum-till could benefit California rice farmers. California Agriculture 62:24-29.
- Linquist, B.A., E. Byous, G. Jones, J.F. Williams, J. Six, W. Horwath and C. van Kessel. 2008. Nitrogen and potassium fertility and straw management effects on aggregate sheath spot disease and yields of rice. Journal of Plant Production Science 11:260-267.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, D.E. Johnson, S. Phengchanh, T. Shiraiwa and T. Horie. 2008. Planted legume fallows reduce weeds and increase soil N and P contents but not upland rice yields. Agroforestry Systems 74:63-72.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, B. Keobualapha, T. Shiraiwa and T. Horie. 2009. Broussonetia papyrifera (paper mulberry): its growth, yield and potential as a fallow crop in slash-and-burn upland rice system of northern Laos. Agroforestry Systems 76:525-532.
- Saito, K., B. Linquist, S. Jongkeawwattana, T. Shiraiwa, T. Horie, and K. Homma. 2009. Effects of intensified agricultural practices on upland rice productivity in Northern Thailand. Tropical Agriculture and Development 53:118-122.
- Linquist B.A., J.E. Hill, R.G. Mutters, C.A. Greer, C. Hartley, M.D. Ruark and C. van Kessel. 2009. Assessing the necessity of surface applied pre-plant nitrogen fertilizer in rice systems. Agronomy Journal 101:906-915.
- Ruark, M.D., B.A. Linquist, J. Six, C. van Kessel, C.A. Greer, R.G. Mutters and J.E. Hill. 2010. Seasonal losses of dissolved organic carbon and total dissolved solids from rice production systems in northern California. Journal of Environmental Quality 39:304-313.
- Lundy, M., A. Fisher, C. van Kessel, J.E. Hill, M. Ruark and B.A. Linquist. 2010. Surface-applied calcium phosphate stimulates weed emergence in flooded rice. Weed Technology 24:295-302.
- Linquist, B.A., K. Koffler, J.E. Hill and C.van Kessel. 2011. Rice field drainage affects nitrogen dynamics and management. California Agriculture 65:80-84.
- Pedroso, G., C. de Ben, R. Hutmacher, S. Orloff, D. Putnam, J. Six, C. Van Kessel, S. Wright and B. Linquist. 2011. Switchgrass is a promising, high-yielding crop for California biofuel. California Agriculture 65:168-173.
- Linquist, B.A., M.D. Ruark and J.E. Hill. 2011. Soil order and management practices control soil phosphorus fractions in managed wetland ecosystems. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 90:51-62.
- Linquist, B.A. and M.D. Ruark. 2011. Re-evaluating diagnostic phosphorus tests for rice systems based on soil phosphorus fractions and field level budgets. Agronomy Journal 103:501-508.
- Krupa, M., R.G.M. Spencer, K.W. Tate, J. Six, C. van Kessel and B.A. Linquist. 2011. Controls on dissolved organic carbon composition and export from rice dominated systems. Biogeochemistry Journal 108:447-466.
- Wild, P., C. van Kessel, J. Lundbergand B.A. Linquist. 2011. Nitrogen availability from poultry litter and pelletized organic amendments for organic rice production. Agronomy Journal 103:1284-1291.
- Krupa, M., K.W. Tate, C. Kessel, N. Sarwar and B.A .Linquist. 2011. Water quality in rice-growing watersheds in a Mediterranean climate. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 144:290-301.
- Linquist, B.A., K.J. van Groenigen, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, C. Pittelkow and C. van Kessel.. 2012. An agronomic assessment of greenhouse gas emissions from major cereal crops. Global Change Biology 18:194-209 doi:10.1111/j.1365-2486.2011.02502.x
- Lee, J., G. Pedroso, B.A. Linquist, D. Putnam, C. van Kessel and J. Six. 2012. Simulating switchgrass biomass production across ecoregions using the DAYCENT model. Global Change Biology Bioenergy 4:521-533.
- Pittelkow, C.M., A.J. Fischer, M.J. Moechnig, J.E. Hill, K.B. Koffler, R.G. Mutters, C.A. Greer, Y.S. Cho, C. van Kessel, C. and B.A. Linquist. 2012. Agronomic productivity and nitrogen requirements of alternative tillage and crop establishment systems for improved weed control in direct-seeded rice. Field Crops Research 130:128-137.
- Lundy, M.E., D.F. Spencer, C. van Kessel, J.E. Hill and B.A. Linquist. 2012. Managing phosphorus fertilizer to reduce algae, maintain water quality, and sustain yields in water-seeded rice. Field Crops Research 131:81-87.
- Linquist, B.A., M.A. Adviento-Borbe, C.M. Pittelkow, C. van Kessel and K.J. van Groenigen. 2012. Fertilizer management practices and greenhouse gas emissions from rice systems: A quantitative review and analysis. Field Crops Research 135:10-21.
- Pedroso, G.M., R.B. Hutmacher, D. Putnam, J. Six, C. Kessel and B.A. Linquist. 2013. Yield and nitrogen management of irrigated switchgrass systems in diverse ecoregions. Agronomy Journal 311-320.
- Liang, X.Q., H. Li, S.X. Wang, Y.S. Ye1, Y.J. Ji, G.M. Tian, C. van Kessel and B.A. Linquist. 2013. Nitrogen source and rate influence yield-scaled global warming potential in rice cropping systems. Field Crops Research 146:66-74.
- Simmonds, M.B., R.E. Plant, J.M. Peña-Barragán, C. van Kessel, J. Hill and B.A. Linquist. 2013. Underlying causes of yield spatial variability and potential for precision management in rice systems. Precision Agriculture 14:512-540.
- Pittelkow, C.M., M.A. Adviento-Borbe, J.E. Hill, J. Six, C. van Kessel, B.A. Linquist (2013). Yield-scaled global warming potential of annual nitrous oxide and methane emissions from continuously flooded rice in response to nitrogen input. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 177:10-20.
- Adviento-Borbe, M.A., C.M. Pittelkow, M. Anders, C. van Kessel, J.E. Hill, A.M. McClung, J. Six, and B.A. Linquist. (2013). Optimal fertilizer N rates and yield-scaled global warming potential in drill seeded rice. Journal of Environmental Quality 42:1623-1634.
- Van Kessel, C., R. Venterea, J. Six, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, B. Linquist and K.J. van Groenigen. 2013. Climate, duration and N placement determine N2O emissions in reduced tillage systems: a meta-analysis. Global Change Biology 19:33-44. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2012.02779.x
- Linquist, B.A., L. Liu, C. van Kessel, and K.J. van Groenigen. (2013) Enhanced efficiency nitrogen fertilizers for rice systems: meta-analysis of yield and nitrogen uptake. Field Crops Research 154: 246-254.
- Pittelkow, C., M.A. Adviento-Borbe, C. van Kessel, J. Hill, B. Linquist. (2014). Optimizing rice yields while minimizing yield-scaled global warming potential. Global Change Biology 20:1382-1393.
- Lundy, M. E., J.E. Hill, C. van Kessel, D. A. Owen, R. M. Pedroso, L. G. Boddy, A. J. Fischer, and B. A. Linquist. (2014). Site-specific, real-time temperatures improve the accuracy of weed emergence predictions in a direct-seeded rice system. Agricultural Systems 123:12-21.
- Liang, X.Q., T. Harter, L. Porta, C. van Kessel, and B. Linquist (2014). Nitrate Leaching in California rice fields: A field- and regional-scale assessment. Journal of Environmental Quality. 43:881-894.
- Linquist, B.A., M. Ruark, R. Mutters, C. Greer, and J. Hill. (2014). Nutrients and sediments in surface runoff water from rice fields: Implications for nutrient budgets and water quality. Journal of Environmental Quality 43:1725-1735.
- Pedroso, G.M., C. van Kessel, J. Six, D. Putnam, and A. Linquist (2014) Productivity, 15N dynamics and water use efficiency in low- and high-input switchgrass systems. Global Change Biology-Bioenergy 6:704-716 doi:10.1111/gcbb.12104.
- Spencer, D. and B.A. Linquist. (2014) Reducing rice field algae and cyanobacteria by altering phosphorus fertilizer applications. Paddy and Water Environment 12:147-154.
- Pedroso, G.M., R.B. Hutmacher, D. Putnam, J. Six, C. van Kessel and B.A. Linquist. (2014). Biomass yields and nitrogen use of potential C4 and C3 dedicated energy crops in a Mediterranean climate. Field Crops Research 161:149-157.
- Pittelkow, C.M., Y. Assa, M. Burger, W.R. Horwath, R.G. Mutters, C.A. Greer, L.A. Espino, J.E. Hill, C. van Kessel, B.A. Linquist. (2014). Nitrogen management and methane emissions as affected by alternative establishment practices in direct-seeded rice. Agronomy Journal. 106:968-980.
- Brodt, S., A. Kendall, Y. Mohammadi, A. Arslan, J. Yuan, I. Lee, B. A. Linquist. (2014) Life cycle greenhouse gas emissions in California rice production. Field Crops Research. 169:89-98.
- Linquist, B.A., M. Anders, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, R. L. Chaney, L. L. Nalley, E. E. F. da Rosa, and C. van Kessel (2015) Reducing greenhouse gas emissions, water use and grain arsenic levels in rice systems. Global Change Biology. doi: 10.1111/gcb.12701
- Simmonds, M.B., M. Anders, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, C. van kessel, A. McClung, and B.A. Linquist. (2015). Seasonal methane and nitrous oxide emissions of several rice cultivars in direct seeded rice systems. Journal of Environmental Quality 44:103-114.
- Pittelkow, C., X.Q. Liang, B.A. Linquist, K.J. van Groenigen, J. Lee, M.E. Lundy, N. van Gestel, J. Six, R.T. Venterea, and C. van Kessel. (2015) Productivity limits and potentials of the principles of conservation agriculture. Nature 517: 365-368 doi:10.1038/nature13809.
- Nalley, L. L., B. Linquist, K.F. Kovacs, and M.M. Anders(2015) The economic viability of alternate wetting and drying irrigation in Arkansas rice production. Agronomy Journal 107:579-587.
- Espe, M.B., E. Kirk, C. van Kessel, W. H. Horwath, and B.A. Linquist (2015) Indigenous nitrogen supply of rice is predicted by soil organic carbon. Soil Sience Society of America Journal 79:569-576
- Kirk, E.R., C. van Kessel, W. R. Horwath, B.A. Linquist (2015) Estimating annual soil carbon loss in agricultural peatland soils using nitrogen budget approach. PLos One 10(3):e0121432.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0121432
- Adviento Borbe, M.A., G.N.Padilla, C. Pittelkow, M. Simmonds, C. van Kessel, and B.A.Linquist (2015) Methane and nitrous oxide emissions from flooded rice systems following the final drain. Journal of Environmental Quality 44:1071-1079.
- Lundy, M. E., C.M. Pittelkow, B.A. Linquist, X. Liang, K.J. van Groenigen, J. Lee, J. Six, R.T. Venterea, and C. van Kessel(2015). Nitrogen fertilization reduces yield declines following no-till adoption. Field Crops Research 183:204-210.
- Pittelkow, C.M. , B.A. Linquist, M.E. Lundy, X.Q. Liang, K.J. van Groenigen, J. Lee, N. van Gestel, J. Six, R.T. Venterea, and C. van Kessel(2015) When does no-till produce more? A global meta-analysis. Field Crops Research 183:156-168.
- Linquist, B.A., R. Snyder, F. Anderson, L. Espino, G. Inglese, S. Marras, R. Moratiel, R. Mutters, P. Nicolosi, H. Rejmanek, A. Russo, T. Shapland, Z. Song, A. Swelam, G. Tindula, and J. Hill(2015) Water balances and evapotranspiration in water-and-dry-seeded rice systems. Irrigation Science 33:375-385.
- Simmonds, M.B., C. Li, J. Lee, J. Six, C. van Kessel, and B.A. Linquist. (2015) Modeling methane and nitrous oxide emissions from direct-seeded rice systems. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences 120:2011-2035.
- Lagomarsino, A., A.E. Agnelli, B. Linquist, M.A.A. Adviento-Borbe, A. Agnelli, G. Gavina, and M. Ravaglia. (2016). Alternate wetting and drying of rice reduced CH4 but triggered N2O peaks in a clayey soil of central Italy. Pedosphere 26:533-548.
- Adviento-Borbe, M.A. and B.A. Linquist. (2016) Assessing fertilizer N placement strategies for lower CH4 and N2O emissions in irrigated rice systems. Geoderma 266:40-45.
- Ye, R., Espe, M., Linquist, B., S. J. Parikh, T. A. Doane, W. R. (2016) A soil carbon proxy to predict CH4 and N2O emissions from rewetted agricultural peatlands. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 220:64-75.
- Espe, M., H. Yang, K.G. Cassman, N. Guilpart, H. Sharifi, and B. A. Linquist. Estimating yield potential in temperate high yielding, direct-seeded rice US rice production systems(2016) Field Crops Research 193:123-132.
- LaHue, G.T., M.A. Adviento-Borbe, B.A.Linquist, C. van Kessel, and S.J.Fonte. (2016) Residual effects of N fertilization history increase N2O emissions from zero N controls: Implications for estimating fertilizer-induced emission factors. Journal of Environmental Quality doi:10.2134/jeq2015.07.0409.
- LaHue G.T., R.L. Chaney, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, and B.A. Linquist (2016). Alternate wetting and drying in high yielding direct-seeded rice systems accomplishes multiple environmental and agronomic objectives. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 229:3039.
- Espe, M, K.G. Cassman, H.Yang, N. Guilpart, P. Grassini, J. Van Wart, M. Anders, D. Beighley, D. Harrell, S. Linscombe, K. McKenzie, R. Mutters, L.T. Wilson, B.A.Linquist (2016) Yield gap analysis of US rice production systems shows opportunities for improvement. Field Crops Research 196:276-283.
- Montazar, A., Rejmanek, H., Tindula, G.N., Little, C., Shapland, T. M., Anderson, F.E., Inglese, G., Mutters, R.G., Linquist, B., Greer, C.A., Hill, J. E., Snyder, R.L. (2017) A crop coefficient curve for paddy rice from residual of energy balance calculations. Journal of irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 143(2)doi:10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0001117.
- Sharifi,H., R.J. Hijmans, J.E. Hill, B. Linquist. (2017) Using stage-dependent temperature parameters to improve phenological model prediction accuracy in rice(oryza sativa) models. Crop Science 57:444-453.
- Tanner K.C., L. Windham-Myers, J.A. Fleck, K.W. Tate, S. McCord, B.A. Linquist (2017) Anaysis of MeHg data. The contribution of rice agriculture to methylmercury in surface waters: a review of data from the Sacramento Valley, California. Journal of Environmental Quality 46:133-142.
- Carrijo, D., M. Lundy, and B.A. Linquist (2017) Rice yields and water use under alternate wetting and drying irrigation: A meta-analysis. Field Crops Research 203:173-180.
- Brim-Deforest, W.B., K. Al-Khatib, B.A. Linquist, and A.J. Fisher. (2017). Weed community dynamics and system productivity in alternative irrigation systems in California rice. Weed Science 65:177-188. doi: 10.1614/WS-D-16-00064.1
- Espe, M.B., J.E. Hill, K. McKenzie, R.J. Hijmans, L.A. Espino, R. Mutters, M. Lienfelder-Miles, C. van Kessel, and B.A. Linquist. (2017) Point stresses during reproductive stage rather than warming seasonal temperature determines yield in temperate rice. Global Change Biology 23:4386-4395 DOI: 10.1111/gcb.13719.
- Jiang, Y, Van Groenigen, K.J., Huang, S., Hungate, B., van Kessel, C., Hu, S., Zhang, J., Wu, L., Yan, X., Wang, L., Chen, J., Hang, X., Zhang, Y., Horwath, W.R., Ye, R., Linquist, B., Song, Z., Zheng, C., Deng, A., Zhang, W.. (2017) Higher yields and lower methane emissions with new rice cultivars. Global Change Biology 23:4728-4738. DOI: 10.1111/gcb.13737
- Geisseler, D., B.A. Linquist and P.A. Lazicki(2017) Effect of fertilization on soil microorganisms in paddy rice systems-a-meta-analysis. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 115:452-460.
- Marcos, M., H. Sharifi, S.R. Grattan, B.A. Linquist (2018). Spatio-temporal salinity dynamics and yield response of rice in water-seeded rice fields. Agricultural Water Management. 195:37-46.
- Andre Froes de Borja Reis, Rodrigo Estevam Munhos de Almeida, Bruno Cocco Lago, Paulo Cesar Trivelin, Bruce Linquist, Jose Laercio Favarin.(2018) Aerobic regime Brazilian weathered lowland soil. Field Crops Research 218:59-68.
- Tanner K., Windham-Myers, L., Marvin DiPasquale, M., Fleck, J.A. and Linquist, B.A. (2018) Alternate wetting and drying decreases methylmercury in flooded rice(Oryza sativa)systems. Soil Science Society of America Journal 82:115-125.2018
- Linquist, B.A., M. Marcos, M.A. Adviento-Borbe, M. Anders, D. Harell, S. Linscombe, M. Reba, B. Runkle, L. Tarpley and A. Thomson (2018) Greenhouse gas emissions and management practices that impact them in US rice systems. Journal of Environmental Quality 47:395-409 doi: 10.2134/jeq2017.11.o445.
- Espe, M.B. D. Mackill, J.E.Hill, M. Lienfelder-Miles, L. Espino, R. Mutters, C. van Kessel, B.A. Linquist (2018) Rice yield improvements through plant breeding are offset by inherent yield declines over time. Field Crops Research 222:59-65.
- Carrijo, D., P. Green, A. Gaudin, N. Akbar, A. Borja Reis, C. Li, S. Parikh, B. Linquist (2018) Impacts of variable soil drying in alternate wetting and drying rice systems on yields, grain arsenic concentration and soil moisture dynamics. Field Crops Research 222:101-110.
- Tanner K.C., L. Windham-Myers, M. Marvin-DiPasquale, J.A. Fleck, K.W. Tate, and B.A. Linquist (2018) Methylmercury dynamics in upper Sacramento Valley rice fields with low background soil mercury levels. Journal of Environmental Quality 47:830-838 doi: 10.2134/jeq2017.10.0390.
- Sharifi, H., R.J. Hijmans, J.E. Hill, B. Linquist (2018) Water and air temperature impacts on rice (Oryza sativa) phenology. Paddy, Water and Environment 16:467-476. doi.org/10.1007/s10333-018-0640-4
- Carrijo, D.R., C. Li, S.J. Parikh, and B.A. Linquist (2019) Irrigation management for arsenic mitigation in rice grain: Timing and severity of soil drying. Science of the Total Environment.649:300-307.
- Wassmann R.; B.O. Sander; S. Yadav; B. Bouman; G. Singleton, A. Stuart, J. Hellin, D. Johnson, J. Hughes; K. Butterbach-Bahl; R. Kiese; D. Kraus; B. Janz; B. Linquist; Y.K. Gaihre; N. Chirinda; E. Wollenberg. (2019) New records of very high nitrous oxide fluxes from rice cannot be generalized for water management and climate impacts. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences 116:1464-1465 doi:10.1073/pnas.1817694116
- Li, Chongyang, D. Carrijo, Y. Nakayama, B.A. Linquist, P.G. Green, and S.J. Parikh. (2019) Impact of alternate wetting and drying irrigation on arsenic uptake and speciation in flooded rice systems. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 272:188-198.
Yu Jiang, Daniela Carrijo, Shan Huang, Ji Chen, Nimlesh Balaine, Weijian Zhang, Kees Jan van Groenigen, Bruce Linquist. (2019) Water management to mitigate the global warming potential of rice systems: a global meta-analysis. Field Crops Research 234:47-54.
Balaine, N., D. Carrijo, A. Adviento-Borbe, and B. Linquist. (2019). Greenhouse gases from irrigated rice systems under varying severity of alternate-wetting and drying irrigation. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 83:1533-1541.
Rehman, T. H., N. Reis, N. Akbar, and B. A. Linquist. Using Normalized Difference Vegetation Index to assess N status and predict grain yield in rice. Agronomy Journal 111:2889-2898 doi:10.2134/agronj2019.03.0217.
Pedroso, R. M., C. van Kessel, D.D. Neto, B.A. Linquist, L.G. Boddy, R.V. Filho, and A.J. Fisher. (2020). ALS Inhibitor-Resistant Cyperus difformis seed germination requires fewer growing degree-days and lower soil moisture. Weed Science 68:51-62. https://doi.org/10.1017/wsc.2019.57
Chuong, T., R.E. Plant and B.A. Linquist. (2020). Fertilizer source and placement ammonia volatilization lossess from water-seeded rice systems. Soil Science Society of America Journal 84:784-797 doi.org/10.1002/saj2.20074
Eagle, A.J., E.L. McLellan, E.M. Brawner, M.H. Chantigny, E.A. Davidson, J.B. Dickey, B.A. Linquist, T.M. Maaz, D.E. Pelster, C.M. Pittelkow, C. van Kessel, T.J. Vyn, and K.G. Cassman. (2020). Quantifying on-farm nitrous oxide emission reductions in food-supply chains. Earth's Future doi:10.1029/2020EF001504.
Kanter, J.,C. Nicholas, M.E. Lundy, K. Koundinya, M. Leinfelder-Miles, R. Long, S. Light, W. Brim-DeForest, B.A.Linquist, D.H. Putnam, R.B. Hutmacher, C.M. Pittelkow.(2021) Top Management Challenges and Concerns for Agronomic Crop Production in California. Agronomy Journal 113:5254-5270.doi.org/10.1002/agj2.20897.
Shen Yuan, S. B.A. Linquist, L.T. Wilson, K.G. Cassman, A.M. Stuart, V. Pede, B. Miro, K. Saito, N. Agustiani, V.E. Aristya, L.Y. Krisnadi, A. Zanon Jr., A.B. Heinemann, G. Carracelas, N. Subash, P.S. Brahmanand, R. Ford, S. Peng, P. Grassini. (2021) A roadmap towards sustainable intensification for a larger global rice bowl. Nature Communications 12, 7163 doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-2742-z
Tamagno, S., A.J. Eagle, E.L. McLellan, C. van Kessel, B.A. Linquist, J.K. Ladha, and C.M. Pittelkow. (2022). Quantifying N leaching losses as a function of N balance: a path to sustainable food supply chains. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2021.107714
Perry, H., D. Carrijo, and B.A. Linquist (2022) Single midseason drainage events decrease global warming potential wiPthout sacrificing grain yield in flooded rice systems. Field Crops Research. doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2021.108312.
Linquist, B.A., J. Campbell, and R.J. Southard (2022) Assessment of potassium availability and soil balances in high yielding rice systems. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. doi.org/10.1007/s10705-022-w
Rosenberg, S., A. Crump, W. Brim-DeForest, B.A. Linquist, L. Espino, K. Al-Khatib, M.M. Leinfelder-Miles, C.M. Pittelkow. (2022). Assessing crop rotation feasibility for rice systems in California: Baseline assessment of barriers and opportunities. Frontiers in Agronomy.
Tamagno, S., Eagle, A.J., McLellan, E.L., van Kessel, C., Linquist, B.A., Ladha, J.K., Lundy, M.E., and Pittelkow, C.M. (2022) Predicting nitrate leaching loss in temperate rainfed cereal crops: relative importance of management and environmental drivers. Environmental Research Letters. doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ac70ee.
Carrijo. D.R., G. LaHue, S. Parikh, R. Chaney, and B.A. Linquist. (2022) Mitigating the accumulation of arsenic and cadmium in rice(Oryza sativa) grain: a quantitative review of the role of water management. Science of the Total Environment doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.156245
Rehman, T., M. Lundy and B.A. Linquist. (2022) Comparative sensitivity of vegetative indices measured via proximal and aerial sensors for assessing N status and grain yield in rice cropping systems. Remote Sensing. 2022, 14, 2770. https://doi.org/103390/rs14122770